How does your membership in the association benefit you?
1. You may use your receipt of dues payment to the association to receive discounts on mortage rates and premiums if your lender and/or insurance company offers these incentives.
2. You will have full access to the McLeod Community Association (MCA) website, which is a central connection point for neighbors to get acquainted, as well as receive news and information from MCA officers and board of directors about the welfare of our community. The MCA is also rich with other great HOA related infnormation and tips for healthy community living.
3. You will have an opportunity to attend association meetings with other neighbors to discuss MCA business—which is your business.
4. You will have an opportunity to talk with public officials and have a voice with other neighbors about what affects your neighborhood. The strength of the community is concerned neighbors joining together to support one another and protect families and children. This is basic to a healthy, democratic and fair process—that neighbors know each other, show concern for one another and be informed and active in their local community.
5. You will have an opportunity to help keep crime down and property values up. For the homeowner, your most important investment is your home. Whether you are renting or own a home, it is important that we maintain our homes and streets. Neighborhoods have a life cycle just like people. So, when people leave or die, the neighborhood is likely to die as well, unless others come along to keep it going and work to inspire those around them to do the same. There's power in numbers; so, together we are a much safer, happier, and healthier community!
The McLeod Community Association (MCA) picked up the baton that had been carried since 1995 by the McLeod Neighborhood Association. The MNA had ceased to be functional when many officers and members moved away and neighborhood participation decreased. The MCA was established June 27, 2015, with a renewed resolve to promote unity, safety, attractiveness, and neighborliness, and maintain our property values.
Our hope is that each head of household will promote the spirit of neighborliness, as we all work together to uphold the standards for property and home maintenance set forth in our community covenant, August 6, 1962. We want to make the area even more attractive through various community initiatives.
Thanks to all who have paid your annual membership dues of $50.00 for the current year. If you have not yet paid, please call (601) 376-9233 to make arrangements, or mail check to the P.O. Box below. If you are between jobs, or have too much month at end of your money, we can arrange up to four payments over a reasonable length of time, for those who need it.
McLeod Community Association
P. O. Box 16013 Jackson, MS 39236